Sorry it's been a while since the last post. In the past week or so we've been all over the midwest- literally. From Omaha to Akron, Ohio and back again, it was a great trip but we're so done with driving now! And so I'm back to blogging and painting and cleaning. Also, our sod was put down on Friday, so I can take outside pictures now! Hopefully it'll only be a couple of days and they'll be on here...

Here's what you see when you walk into our bathroom. To the left are the sinks and to the right is the shower and tub. In the little room with the closed door is the toilet, and straight through is the closet.

Here are the double sinks w/ vanity. They are amazingly spacious after years of sharing a sink. Joe got to choose the cabinets and handles in the bathroom (but he didn't take good pictures of them); they're oak cabinets with dark finished handles. The paint is a grey-ish aqua color. I really like it, but it's a little dark for the space. I need to bring some more light (white?) in, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Here we have the split. I LOVE having both a shower and a nice bathtub. The shower is nice (except when I have to clean the water spots off the doors), and I'm just beginning to enjoy the tub. It's really deep but doesn't have the fancy jets or any of that. I like the tile too (it just came that way, I didn't pick it)
And last (but certainly not least!) is

the master closet. It is HUGE! It is definitely bigger than some of the bedrooms we've had over the years. The picture only shows about half of it (or a little more). We've got so much space in there we're not exactly sure what to do with it! We've joked about a baby's room, or a dance studio, etc, but for now it's just mostly empty. Anyone have a million bucks I can spend on clothes? :)
Well, that's the post of the day. As you can probably tell, it's one heck of a nice bathroom. We spent more money upgrading this room than any other space except the kitchen (and basement...). I love having a nice space to 'chill' in after a long day of painting, but I'm also learning that it's a pain in the butt to clean! That's one thing I was really trying NOT to think about when we were picking out all the stuff for the house; now I'm kinda regretting it. Oh well, it's fun for sure. I'll have something else to show and tell tomorrow!
3 comments:
Two things...
1) Have you tried using a squeegee in the shower? You just squeegee off the glass after you're finished using it; it keeps the class cleaner for much longer.
2) Andrew's aunt has a scrap booking corner in her closet (as well as a crib for visiting babies and a washer and dryer). You could seriously set up a hobby table in there. Sewing...scrap booking...whatever you love.
Also, I love your house and I'm so excited you have grass now!
I was gonna say the same thing- we used a squeegee on the shower and it kept spots at a minimum for us. We also used a mixture of lemon and vinegar for the tough spots on occasion. Love the color! You could find some artwork with lighter blues and whites to lighten up the area.
If you want to lighten up the space, you could paint some of the walls a lighter color (like white) and leave the rest to be the accent walls which will add color. The other option is to put up large pictures that are light in color (like a black and white photo that has mostly white in it), and only use white, or light-colored towels. By the way, your house looks so nice! That's got to be such a great feeling. Congrats!
Post a Comment