Friday, February 02, 2007

The Big Storm...?

So, living in North Carolina I didn't expect to get much snow. And up until this week I was correct in that assumption. However, last Thursday we had a 'huge' snowstorm. It was so bad that the local news stations did traffic-and-weather coverage ONLY from 4:30 am to noon, and not much else the rest of the day. Almost all regular programming was cut for the day. Also all schools were closed, as well as daycares and doctor's offices and many other places as well. How much snow did we get in this massive storm? Maybe two inches. I should have taken a picture of it-it almost covered all of the grass. Too bad it didn't last long either; it turned to rain in the afternoon and all of the snow was melted. It was the biggest winter storm in 3 years, and if it had been in Utah or Indiana no one would have even mentioned it (Oregon might have had a 2-hour delay). It didn't even freeze last night, so there was no ice on the roads or anything this morning.

Another thing of note for this past week would be the bunk beds. We decided that it would be good to get Karen a bed so she can get used to it in her room before she has to start sleeping in it. We also thought it would be a good idea to get bunk beds since we'll probably be in an apartment for several more years and are planning on having more kids. Note: This is NOT an announcement of an impending birth in our family!! The beds are nice and come apart into two regular-size and height twin beds so if we end up moving into a house before number 2 comes along they can be in separate rooms in regular beds too...

Anyway that's about it for us right now. Joe's getting ready to go to a couple of conferences: NYC in April and Dallas, Texas in May. He's really busy with school and scouts and is totally excited about his Colts making the Superbowl. I'm excited too, but I didn't cheer for them through all their really bad years so I 'don't know how it feels'.

Karen's favorite thing right now is clapping. She figured it out in church a couple weeks ago and has been doing in nonstop since. She's also getting strong legs and can almost hold herself up; it's just too bad that she won't crawl for anything. That's us for now. Here are a couple pics from our battlefield experience and our new bunkbeds.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I loved bunk beds when I was little. They're perfect for building forts!

marquita chiquita said...

Joy!!! It's been awhile since we've heard from you! Hmmm, bunkbeds....no kidding. Reminds me of Park Plaza Ha!! That is really funny about that storm. They would have flipped out if they got the storm we had in December.

We love you, have a great week!

Shaillé said...

Yeah, that's what I was talking about for how it was in Oregon a couple weeks ago. It's so funny how everything shuts down, especially when your storm didn't last or freeze at all. At least our snow lasted for a couple days. ;) But hey, at least you guys got to see some snow.

Vickie said...

Love the bunk beds. I had those when I was younger and loved them. That is hilarious about the "HUGE" snow storm. Good thing they don't live in Utah. Karen is adorable by the way. Good to hear from you!