Friday, January 12, 2007

January!

The past week or so since we've been home has been a bit crazy, but I think we're about to settle back into our old and somewhat boring lives. Here's a bit on the crazy... Our flight from Portland to Atlanta was about an hour and a half late leaving, which totally ate up our layover time in Atlanta and we ended up running from one gate to the other. Thursday last week we spent the entire day shopping-getting food and spending the gift cards that we got for Christmas. Friday we played Age of Empires II like all day, when we weren't sleeping. Saturday the Colts won their playoff game, which was great. Sunday was the most calm church experience for quite a while, and we got ready for Joe to start back at school Monday, after which things became back to normal... After this Sunday things will get downright boring...

This week we have Choir practice before church, then we speak in Sacrament Mtg., then I'm subbing for the Primary chorister and Joe teaches primary, then I have Women's Choir, then there's a Primary fireside called "Eight is Great" that I have to be at Sunday night...if we survive it will be good. Monday is a holiday, and we're trying to decide what to do; stay in Charlotte and go to one or two of the many museums, or go to the Biltmore estate in Ashville.

As a last note, congrats to Andy and Nancy Heiss (baby to be born in July) and Matt and Shelley Allen (found out baby to be born in May is a boy). Good luck to you all and congrats! Here are some final pics from our trip.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

From one end of the country to the other in just a few short weeks. That's pretty amazing!

I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for you!

Nancy said...

Oh, I'm so glad that we have some Joy pictures up there! Lots of them! It brings me great joy...what can I say?

Vickie said...

Karen is so adorable. She looks like she has lots of personality. I haven't talked to you in forever. How are you? I created a blog too so you should go check it out. vickiesueadventures.blogspot.com I am really enjoying this whole blog thing. Hope all is well!