Friday, February 18, 2011

Keeping busy

Here are some things I've been working on lately (since we moved here for some of them):



Cross-stitch for my sister Calista's new baby Tessa (she's a real cutie, look at these pictures!) It's 11x14 finished size. This is what I do when I watch TV, to feel like I"m still doing something 'productive'. That way I feel less guilty watching things like football, American Idol, 4 seasons of Big Bang Theory... and so on.


Here's Rachel's Birthday cake (sorry it's not rotated... my bad!) She told me she wanted the castle pink, the roofs yellow, and the windows and doors blue. So that's what she got... more or less.

I included this picture because I took it while I was talking to my mom and grandma on the phone while I was doing it. I said it looked funny only partially done and they said to take a picture for them to see, so I did. I think the finished product is more fun (and more busy so you don't notice the individual crazy parts of my frosting. Someday I will take those Wilton classes... just not yet.)
And here's the cake I did for Valentine's Day. Not too fancy, but very chocolatey and delicious! Now I just need to get my hiney moving to work off all that TV time and cake!

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Haylie had her first b-day party last weekend and we missed you!! Love the cakes (you don't need one of those wilton classes--you have natural talent!) and the cross stiching. I used to cross stich, your arc looked so nice it made me want to pick it up again!

Kathleen said...

Your cross stitching skills are enviable. I'm sure your new little niece will love it over the years. Years ago, like 20--literally, I bought a rabbit cross stitch after completing a rudimentary one for Merry Miss (that dates me, too!). I was dismayed that "counted cross stitch" didn't translate into every square coming pre-marked with numbers. I never even started it!

Oh, and your cake for Rachel turned out so well! The one Symphany had us make for Rachel was just a simple carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (and three candles, of course). If and when she ogles one of your masterpieces in person, never again will we be able to get away with our 9 x 13 plain cake with no decorations and a basic layer of frosting. I can only imagine how gorgeous your cakes would be after some Wilton classes, because what you do now is beautiful!!

Gina said...

You are so talented!