Friday, February 18, 2011

Joe's Graduation

So, I know I'm way behind on my blogging. But at least I acknowledge the fact, right? Anyway, today I will become slightly less behind.

Just before Christmas we took a nice (read: LONG) drive back to Charlotte, NC for Joe's graduation. We stayed with some of our totally awesome friends and then went to Indiana for Christmas with Joe's family. Here are some pictures from graduation. If I can find the ones Kitara took for me I'll put them up too, since they're a lot better than these. (I've been leaving the CD out for months so I could do this post, but today I can't find them anywhere!


Me and Rachel trying to be happy together

Thank goodness for Grandma and Grandpa Allen, or we would NEVER have made it through the ceremony! (the large bag of gummy bears helped too of course...)



Joe walking to get his hood and diploma. The guy behind him is Dr. Rogelberg, his adviser who did the 'hooding' (and made him write over 20 drafts of his dissertation...).

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations to Joe! And to you too for helping him reach this point in his schooling and the beginning of his career. I'm glad you were all able to travel back for this important ceremony. Sounds like the long trip was well worth it.

Gina said...

What fun to see photos of the Allen Grandparents. Miss those two!

Gina said...

PS: Congratulations JOE!