Thursday, September 06, 2007

Time...

Where does all the time go? I post something one day, and it seems like I come back the next day and see that it's been more than a week since I last wrote anything. It doesn't feel like much has happened, but I know that by the end of this I'll think to myself "whoa, I need to write more often so these aren't so long".

Well...most of last week was pretty standard: laundry, cooking, cleaning... and all those 'exciting' mom-things I get to do. However, the weekend was pretty good. Saturday afternoon we went to Justin and Kitara Beasley's apartment for our fantasy football draft (sponsored by the EQ). We got a good draft order, and ended up with our favorite Peyton Manning as well as quite a few others that will hopefully turn out well. After the draft was the BYU season opener against Arizona. Having missed almost the whole season last year it was great to get back in the spirit of the game. Once again I had to relearn a valuable lesson about BYU football: don't leave before the game is over. We left with about a minute and a half left in the 4th, only to miss just about the most exciting part of the half...oh well. It was almost 9pm and Karen needed a bath for church the next day.

Sunday we made Haitian food, probably for the last time before the baby comes in 5 months. However much I love the stuff, it's really bad for a pregnant-lady diet since it's almost all extremely salty, fried, and/or spicy. I think I'm still retaining water from eating it... Anyway we made tons of food and realized we couldn't eat it all before it goes bad. Luckily there's another former Haitian missionary in the ward, and he just happens to have a wife and 7 kids...so we took a bunch of the leftovers to them and visited a while, which was nice. Their family is nice, but I don't think I could handle having 7 or 8 kids; I really think I'd go crazy.

Monday was labor day-as my dad says, it's the day we're all supposed to do lots of labor. That goes against what the real reason for labor day is, which was to have a day off from your labor, but whatever works I guess. We bought a little charcoal grill at Walmart and had some friends over to BBQ-chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and brauts...we had lots of meat and other good things

Tuesday was a very hormonal pregnant lady day... one of those days where everything seems a lot worse than it really is. I ended up crying for hours for no real reason. I couldn't sleep that night...except when I had nightmares of Karen growing up to hate me or my parents getting divorced because they couldn't agree on whether to buy a new car or a new minivan...yeah it was a wierd day... Oh, and one of my family members was found dead-our suckerfish named Sharkbait; we had to flush him and buy a new smaller one (which cost $6!). Assuming he survives a week or so we'll have to find a name for the newest addition to our family.

Wednesday I took Karen to get what are almost her last shots before starting school. This was the worst trip to the doctor that she's ever had. I think she remembers the last time she was there or something because she totally threw a fit whenever a nurse person or doctor came close to her. In the past three months Karen has grown another 3 inches longer (now 32 in. total) and gained another 2 pounds (24 lb. total). She's in the 75th percentile for both height and weight, and is now no longer required to dring whole milk but can take a full dose of baby tylenol. Her growth rate is supposed to be slowing down now, but it hasn't slowed much. At this rate she'll be 3 1/2 feet tall by the time she's two, and weigh almost enough to be out of a booster seat... I hope she slows down! Also last night at our Activity with my 8-12 yr. old girls (15 of them last night!) I taught them how to play 'do you love your neighbor?' and they thought it was the coolest thing in the whole world. Now they want a party night where they can play games like that the whole time... only I can't remember any more of them... any help? I could teach them 'signs' but I think they're a little young for that...

Anyway, things are going well here. Joe finished the last section of his 'thesis' project today. After a little more polishing it will be completely done!!!! Also tonight is the NFL season opener: Colts v. Saints, and about half of our fantasy team is playing (against each other!!). Maybe I should take some pictures to put on here...it's been a while....

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, Karen really is growing. It's kind of sad how fast they grow up, isn't it?

marquita chiquita said...

Karen is getting to be such a big girl! She will probably be big like Maya! I am glad to here that you got to eat some of that good Haitain food...yum!

We made it to Korea, give our blog a looksey and you will find the link to our new Korea blog there!