Monday, July 30, 2007

She Walks!!!!!

Well, it finally happened. It was the moment we'd been hoping for and dreading for the past 14 months. On Thursday evening Karen pulled herself up and started walking. It was great to see her finally doing it. She'd been terrible to me and Joe all week up to that point, making all kinds of huge messes and throwing lots of temper tantrums (which she doesn't usually do). She just seemed frustrated, but now she is back to her happy and mostly contented self, just better at getting into things than ever before. Karen is so happy to be walking that she almost refuses to crawl anymore. Yesterday at church she was walking and fell down (which she still does a lot). She wasn't close to any furniture, so she rolled onto her back and yelled at me until I came and set her back on her feet. She wouldn't crawl to a place where she could get up, she just wanted to walk.

Anyway...now she is definitely a toddler, if there was any doubt left in my mind. I've tried to stop saying 'baby Karen' in favor of the 'big-girl Karen', since she definitely isn't a baby and there will be a new baby in a few months. That's been quite a change of mindset for me, really. My baby isn't really a baby now...soon she goes to nursery, and before I know it she'll be driving or something. Ah, oh well. Here are Karen walking pics. For the event, we even took a little video on our dying camera (It doesn't look really great, but it's okay) but I'm not sure how to post it. When I figure it out I'll put it up.


As a last note...for those of you who are Harry Potter fans: How about that last book, eh? If you haven't made it that far yet (I know my brother Mike is still on his way through for the first time), it's definitely worth it to get to the end of the series. Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it ends the way I thought it should.

2 comments:

marquita chiquita said...

Congrats big-girl Karen!!!

Wow, now you have a lot on your hands, Joy. Once, they start walking it is only down-hill from there. No I'm kidding, they just get more and more fun!

Nancy said...

Wow! She was working hard at it for a while! I'm glad she finally got it down.

I'll send you those pictures sometime, but you'll have to remind me. My rememberer is broken.

PS...we have your hamburger spice. :P