Another week has passed and once again I'm not exactly sure where it went. It could have gone in all that time I spent snuggling with Karen who has another ear infection (I hear from Joe's parents that little round-headed kids have lots of them; there may be tubes in our future, yuck!). It also could have gone in those tons of hours I spent working on Karen's Easter dress. It's finally finished and really cute, but it's bigger on her than I thought it would be. I'll put pictures up next week, after she actually wears it. However it stacks up, another week is gone and I still have a huge list of things (like washing the blinds, washing walls, and other nasty chores) that I haven't touched. Of course, I'll probably never get to that list and if I ever do I'll feel guilty for not doing something else (like the dishes, see the post from a couple weeks ago).
I'd like to go on record as saying happy Easter and Good Friday and all that. This is a great time of year. The only thing I really have to complain about the holiday this year is that Easter and my birthday are the same day. Not that I'm bent out of shape about having a birthday, but it would be nice to be able to have a day for me, and the whole day to focus on the Easter stuff too. This year they're kinda getting stuck together and I hope it works out okay. Like sometimes you try to do everything in one day and nothing gets done the way you think it should-that's not what I want Sunday to be like. Anyway.... If you haven't (or you don't know her) you should check out Marquita's blog about Holy Week and all that-it's really interesting and different than what we normally here in a Mormon church about this week. Growing up I didn't even know what Good Friday is; it's a school holiday here.
Well, besides being busy doing the same old, same old, nothing new is going on. Joe goes to a conference in NYC (staying in the Times Square Marriott) in a couple weeks. He's already starting to get stressed out about finals, and that's about it. Hope you have a great Easter and remember the reason for Easter isn't the Bunny! ;)
Highlights of our time in PTC
12 hours ago

4 comments:
My sister's birthday is April 7th, so she also often runs into the same problem you do.
Could be worse. Andrew's mom's b-day is V-day...every year.
Happy Birthday on Sunday!
Happy Easter to all!
Joy!
Happy Birthday tomorrow! I totally understand what you mean. Usually my birthday falls right on Conference Weekend. Sheesh. But I hope that you are able to celebrate a little bit and be able to celebrate the resurrection as well!
Happy Easter!
hey, I forgot to mention that I was talking with my mother-in-law about Good Friday and she mentioned to me that New Mexico had made it into a State holiday not too long ago. I guess something like this could be controversial since it is a very very Christian observance. However, if I was atheist or something then I could just appreciate another paid day off at work. I happened to fall upon this post thread about the Catholic church wanting to close down all the pubs because Catholics are not to drink alcohol on Good Friday. Some people were really mad. I don't know where this is at either. I bring this up because it was interesting to read that Good Friday was a school holiday there for you guys. :)
Hey Joy!
Happy Birthday!! Hope you found time to celebrate! While we're all talking about birthdays I have to mention that mine is on July 4th - that's the same every year too... But actually there's no real conflict there - it's just that the fireworks are all for me! ;)
Post a Comment