Yeah, so Easter was good. The church service was nice and I was in Primary again playing the piano. I realized that I've been there more this year so far than the lady who's actually called to be the pianist. It's fun and I really like to be there more than in Sunday School (our teacher is a good person, but ...yeah), however it might be nice to actually be called to that if I'm going to be there every week. One nice thing about Primary is that one of the teachers has a little boy named Joshua who is the same age (well, a few hours older) than Karen. They play together really well most of the time...until they start playing the 'let's push each other over' game. Anyway, Easter was good. Joe cooked a ham and 'funeral potatoes' and deviled eggs for dinner and it turned out really well. We talked to almost all of our family as well. For my birthday Joe made a chocolate cake and put chocolate frosting on it. Then we realized that the only candles we had were numbers- a 3 and a 9. Well, I didn't want to be 39, and I don't know who would really, so I decided that instead I would be 93 on my birthday this year. At least one of the digits was right...? That evening our friends Doren and Steve Cook came over to help with the eating of the cake and playing games like Uno, Phase 10, and CandyLand. It was nice to visit with someone who actually speaks in words and not just baby noises (yes, Joe does speak but he's not home most of the time so he doesn't count).
The rest of the week has been pretty boring. Being 23 is so far just like being 22 was. I think I've only actually worked 2 days in the past year, which is really sad. However so far being 23 I have really done nothing. The whole list of things to do has a nice layer of dust on it now.I think I nee to change my mindset. Right now I think "yes it's dirty and I really should clean it, but if I clean it it will only get dirty again and then I 'll have to clean it again..." and so on. My goal for next week is to actually clean the house so it can acutally get dirty again-not just be a disaster all the time. Of course that was also my goal last week, and the week before... No, I really am going to clean everything before Joe leaves so that he thinks of home as a good place where he wants to come back to, which may be a stretch after staying three or four days in the Marriott in NYC. Then it will need to be clean when he comes home so he doesn't think I was just sitting around watching TV the whole time he was gone (which is probably what I'll do anyway). Then I'll have to clean again before he leaves to go to Dallas... will it ever end? *sigh*
Karen is doing fairly well. She's had another ear infection, and the antibiotics don't seem to be helping very much. She's not in pain but she still pulls on her ears all the time. We go in for a follow-up visit to the doctor on Wednesday, and we may be getting tubes in her ears. She also has a mommy fixation. If I leave the room or even if I 'm there but not paying attention to her she starts screaming. Yes, screaming; not the little whining that usually means 'look at me'. She won't even go to Joe if I'm sitting right next to him (except for last night for like 5 minutes and I took the picture of her playing peek-a-boo or 'Where's Karen?' as she calls it). It's really becoming rediculous (is that how you spell that?). On a lighter note though...I went to get her up from her nap this afternoon and she was actually sitting in her bed! She's never sat herself up before, so this was quite exciting. She's also SOOOO close to crawling (I keep saying that, but she still hasn't really started it yet) and loves for us to hold her up while she 'walks' around the apartment.
Well...I hope that's enough for you all for this week. Here are some pictures from the last week or so. Karen's dress turned out pretty well, though it's a bit big on her. I hope all of you had a great Easter and good luck with finals for those of you who still have to do them.



The rest of the week has been pretty boring. Being 23 is so far just like being 22 was. I think I've only actually worked 2 days in the past year, which is really sad. However so far being 23 I have really done nothing. The whole list of things to do has a nice layer of dust on it now.I think I nee to change my mindset. Right now I think "yes it's dirty and I really should clean it, but if I clean it it will only get dirty again and then I 'll have to clean it again..." and so on. My goal for next week is to actually clean the house so it can acutally get dirty again-not just be a disaster all the time. Of course that was also my goal last week, and the week before... No, I really am going to clean everything before Joe leaves so that he thinks of home as a good place where he wants to come back to, which may be a stretch after staying three or four days in the Marriott in NYC. Then it will need to be clean when he comes home so he doesn't think I was just sitting around watching TV the whole time he was gone (which is probably what I'll do anyway). Then I'll have to clean again before he leaves to go to Dallas... will it ever end? *sigh*
Karen is doing fairly well. She's had another ear infection, and the antibiotics don't seem to be helping very much. She's not in pain but she still pulls on her ears all the time. We go in for a follow-up visit to the doctor on Wednesday, and we may be getting tubes in her ears. She also has a mommy fixation. If I leave the room or even if I 'm there but not paying attention to her she starts screaming. Yes, screaming; not the little whining that usually means 'look at me'. She won't even go to Joe if I'm sitting right next to him (except for last night for like 5 minutes and I took the picture of her playing peek-a-boo or 'Where's Karen?' as she calls it). It's really becoming rediculous (is that how you spell that?). On a lighter note though...I went to get her up from her nap this afternoon and she was actually sitting in her bed! She's never sat herself up before, so this was quite exciting. She's also SOOOO close to crawling (I keep saying that, but she still hasn't really started it yet) and loves for us to hold her up while she 'walks' around the apartment.
Well...I hope that's enough for you all for this week. Here are some pictures from the last week or so. Karen's dress turned out pretty well, though it's a bit big on her. I hope all of you had a great Easter and good luck with finals for those of you who still have to do them.

4 comments:
Gee Joe, save the eggs for baby. That's why you can't let big kids have easter egg hunts with the small ones.....
Wow, Karen's eyes are so beautiful nd big, and blue! And that dress is so pretty. You are really getting good at that stuff.
That is too bad that Karen gets so many ear infections!
That is the most adorable dress ever! I absolutely love it!
And I love that Karen calls peek-a-boo "Where's Karen?" That's so great!
She'll start crawling soon enough...or maybe she'll be one of those babies who just walks and skips the whole crawling thing.
Happy Birthday again, Joy! I'm glad to hear that it went well, even if you had to share it with Easter. When you turn 39 are you going to be 93 again, or really be 39?
Just wondering!
Love you lots!
Hey Joy - good to hear from you!
So you're 93 now...going on 24....sweet. Now don't say you've done nothing since you've been 23 -you're a mother - that's a very big something!
Everyone's commenting on the dress but I have to say too how pretty it is! You have a great talent - I wish I was a better seamstress. The only thing I'm really good at is hemming pants - I'm sure you can guess why I've had to learn that one....
Man, that's crazy Joe has those conferences back-to-back to go to. Hang in there - someday our husbands will all come home at dinnertime and not have to do any studying or assignments the whole rest of the evening - they'll just be home.
Well, I will turn 39 this summer, and to tell you the truth, I'd rather be 39 than 93! Happy late birthday anyway. I have to echo the dress comment(extra cute) and the being so in love with your first baby and all, I remember fondly what it was like 16 1/2 years ago when Alexa was tiny. I used to make cute little Easter dresses for her, too. This year I copied a Prom dress from Teen Vogue. It turned out pretty great, she looked awesome!
Do you get out of the house much? I find it much easier to ignore the mess when I'm not in it. We southerners can enjoy walks in the park early in the spring! I know Darius loves it!
Love ya! Aunt Pam
Post a Comment