Friday, March 02, 2007

Ivory...?

This week my life has been about ivory (or something) and antibiotics. Karen started her first round of meds last week and we've continued with the 'pink stuff' all week long; I think we're both glad that this is the last day for it. Hopefully this means that Karen won't be sick for a couple of weeks...? Also on the same topic Joe went to the health center on campus with the same thing Karen has had...but instead of giving him an antibiotic for the infection they gave him some really strong decongestants...as in the highest legal dose that you can possibly take and people who make meth would love to get their hands on it. As far as I'm concerned if they think it's that great they can have it. Joe took one pill and was in such a daze for the evening it was really scary. And he didn't even feel better at all. So, if you ever have a doctor give those to you watch out-if you need them that bad you may just have some other underlying problems that you should talk about it with a professional.

Now to the topic of ivory...or white. At the beginning of the week Karen had 3 ivory (or white) colored things coming out of her gums in her mouth. Now however she has 5 of them. Yes, Karen got 2 new teeth in the last two days, one on bottom first (which was funny because she had 3 on the bottom and only one on the top) and then yesterday the other top tooth came in. So it's been a bit of a week in that department-all she wants is for Mommy to play with/hold/feed her, but she won't say mommy-only daddy or bob (whoever that is!)

Also on the topic of ivory (and ebony-if you remember the old song) we now have a piano in our apartment! It's really exciting but don't think that I've just gone out and spent all my money and used up all the credit I've ever had. In church on Sunday the EQ Pres. asked if anyone would be willing to 'store' a piano for a year or so. Joe and I weren't there because we were both in Primary, but a friend of ours emailed Joe on Monday with the news. So, through some convoluted and twisted manner that I don't completely understand we are now 'storing' a piano for some guy that we don't know for an undefined period of time (at least a year or year-and-a-half). It's not a nice piano or new in any sense of the word, but it's been tuned fairly recently and it sounds all right. The most worrying thing is that the rust on some of the inside parts; I think I heard it was stored in a garage for a few (maybe 10-15) years. So we're not sure if the guy will ever come for it, it could just be ours-until we move and actually have money to buy a good non-rusted piano. Anyway, that's about it for us. Next week is Spring Break for us, which is exciting but Joe has tons of work to do so it won't be much of a 'break' but we might be able to do something fun. It's also in the 60's here every day and it's starting to bloom-Spring really is here!!!! Hope y'all are doing well and good luck on midterms! (Pictures to be posted in the next week)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay! We heard from Joy!

I'm sorry that you guys have been sick...but I hope you're getting over it!

That's so exciting that you have a piano (for a while)! How fun!

And I'm sorry that Karen won't say mommy, perhaps she thinks you're Bob? :)

Shaillé said...

Hey Joy! Sorry that you guys have been sick - that's crazy about the medicine with Joe. I guess in a way it's good it didn't help because you probably don't want to see Joe like that very often. :)

Congrats on the piano - I always say any piano is better than no piano...well I've never actually said that before but...yeah, I wouldn't be able to do without a piano. :)

Anonymous said...

Joy, Hi!
Grandma told me where to find your blogspot. I should get one. Too bad no pics this time :(

If it's any comfort, Darius didn't say mommy until he was 23 1/2 months old. He was screaming to get out of the pool at swimming lesson time, but at least he said it! I was so proud.

"Aunt Pam"

marquita chiquita said...

Joy! Sorry about the illnesses going around. But that sounds great that you have a piano in the home. music always adds so much!

Love ya!