This week was spring break for us, which meant that Joe only spent about half of the day at school every day instead of all day. So the other half of the day we had 'free' if you can call it that... Tuesday we went to the eye doctor. It had been almost 2 years for me and my glasses were aweful, and Joe hadn't been since before his mission. So, more than $500 dollars later I come out with contacts (which was cheaper than getting glasses) and Joe comes out of the experience with a...unique...perscription. I am near-sighted and far-sighted, depending on which eye you're talking about (which is interesting itself). Joe however is near-sighted and far-sighted at the same time in both eyes (but can see middle distances fairly well, oddly enough) which Casey Claypool can tell you all about...he gets some expensive glasses and that's about all I can say for now (I don't want to get in trouble too much). So we're a bit lighter in the pocketbook now, but at least we can see exactly how much we don't have. ;)
Also this week I've been doing a bit (very little bit) of Southern cooking. Monday was Biscuits and Sausage gravy, which turned out all right if you like thick gravy. Wednesday I made cornbread (for the first time ever) to go with our Taco Soup, as well as a Pecan Pie (which was really good). The only problem with the pie was that we had the Sister missionaries over for dinner and one of them has a nut allergy... which didn't work out so well since the only other dessert we had was peanut butter cookies. Oh well...
Thursday was Karen's 9 month checkup. She would have had it a couple weeks ago but she was sick. Now she's feeling fine except for the rash all over her face and in the cracks of her elbows and knees and chin. Nothing I had would make it better, but it wasn't getting worse either so I wasn't too worried about it. The Dr. said she has baby eczema (I think that's how you spell it) and gave us a cream to help it get better. In one day it's already almost gone. Hopefully this is something she'll grow out of though.
The last thing about this week is the cross-stitch I finished last night. Our front bathroom is frogs, and I did a little cross-stitch of a frog on a fountain. It was fairly symmetrical so Joe said "why don't you do another one only backwards" so I did. It was really difficult to remember the whole 'opposite' thing and it took me about 3 times longer than the first one, but they're really cute now. I put them in some cute matching frames and will hang them up sometime. As Marquita suggested I took a picture of all the 'stuff' I've been working on-see below.
Now it's back to real life next week, but only a month until Easter and my birthday (they're the same this year, and it's also Fast Sunday for us as well). Hope school is good for everyone and y'all have a more exciting and eventful spring break than we did (unless you're at BYU and don't have spring break at all...) yeah.




2 comments:
Hey! Great work! Those look really good. It's horrible how expensive it is just to be able to see. I am in the same boat, my glasses are horrible so I need to go in sometime....
You will have to post the recipe for your pecan pie up on your blog. Daniel loves pecan pie and would fall over dead if I made it. Ha aha.
Hope you guys have a great week!
I will admit that instead of going to the eye doctor, I just switched my lenses out with a new pair of frames of the same make that I just happened to have...so, I can't see, but my glasses don't fall off my face anymore, either (my other ones were SO bad!)
Anyway...it looks like you've been busy! I can't even believe that you attempted to do the frog backwards! In my opinion that's not symmetrical at all.
And, it looks like I will be joining the Joy and Marquita club of mothering a daughter first! You can check out our ultrasound video at our blog!
Post a Comment