Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, we finally made it. We packed up Tuesday and drove all day Wednesday (last Week), and since then it's been just crazy around here. However, we finally have all of our stuff unpacked and put away. We also bought a crib for Karen, some bookshelves, and a futon for our living room; all in the past 3 days! Now that we're poor again, our house looks pretty nice. Everything is going well for us here, except it is WAY too hot-the heat index (temp and humidity together) puts us between 105 and 110 today for the third day in a row. It's just too wet for a Utah girl like me; the heat itself would be fine, but the wetness really gets to me. I think the only thing we would change right now besides the heat would be to have some people we know around-we miss all our friends and family, especially since we don't know anyone here yet. I guess in a few weeks/months that will change, but for now our social life is really boring. Karen especially misses life with Grandma and Grandpa Allen; when she gets tired of mom and dad, there's no one else to hold her now ;(
Anyway, school will start in a couple weeks, and hopefully before then we'll take a day or two and go to the beach. I'm excited for that because I've never been to the ocean-either Atlantic or Pacific. I never thought I'd get to the Atlantic first, but I'm really excited. Hope everyones having fun and keeping cool these last few weeks of summer!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yay for Joy! I'm so excited to hear that the move went well. Good luck over there. Have fun at the beach!