Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Little Vacation

Hey all! Hope everything is going well wherever you are. This week was very hecktic; we registered the car and got NC license plates, then got NC driver's licenses as well. Of course, we had to take the test and all that in order to get them, but it wasn't really that bad. There were a lot less rules and more 'common sense' things, it seemed like. I guess they have a problem with people driving on the wrong side of the road here; maybe it's because there are bars everywhere, but don't ask me.

Anyway, after we did all that the beginning of the week we decided to take a mini vacation. Since I had never been to the beach, we went to Wilmington, NC and Cape Fear and went to the ocean. It was about a 4 hour drive each way, and we only stayed at the beach for about 2 hours. So it was going to seem like a bit of a waste, but then we went to the Cape Fear Fort Fisher Aquarium. It was way cool to me since I'd never been to one before, but Joe said it was just 'okay'. I saw sharks and aligatiors for the first time in my life, along with some cool and really big fish. So it ended up that we spent 4 hours near the ocean and 8 hours driving, but it was still really fun. It was good that we only spent 2 hours at the beach because even though we tried to cover Karen up, she still got a sunburn on her face (that was gone the next day).

That's it for now, I'll try to get some apartment pics up in the next couple of days. Here are some pics from our trip-I hope they work; the last pics I tried to put up didn't work out so well. The first one is Karen sleeping on the beach; then us going into the aquarium.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hey Joy and Joe and Karen,

I'm so happy for you guys! I love the ocean! It's high time Joy got to experience it!

Good luck with everything!

Love you tons!