Thursday, March 05, 2009

RETURN!!!!

These first few are from Rachel's First Birthday! I can't believe she's already 13 months old! Where did the time go? (I know, you're thinking 'not by her blogging!') Anyway, it was a great time for our family and a few neighbors who came to help us eat cake and ice cream. Rachel got lots of Little People stuff; we walked through Toys R Us to find something she would like, and when we walked down that aisle she got SOOOO excited we knew just what to get her. She plays with these toys every day still (which is great).

Notice that the cake is the same colors and such as the toy castle? That was really on purpose, and Joe didn't even notice until after we'd eaten half the cake, when he said something like, "hey, isn't the cake almost like the castle?
This was our Thanksgiving that we did the day after Thanksgiving. On 'real' Thanksgiving, we went to the Tufts', Karen's best friend Hailey's house, and had a big ole' party then made our own the next day (mostly for the leftovers, I think). This year, I think we'll just stay home and do our own Thanksgiving instead of doing 2.
Setting up the Christmas Decorations after our Thanksgiving.
The rest of these pics are from our trip to Indiana for Christmas. It was a great week with Grandma and Grandpa Allen! The only problem we have now is that we have so much fun doing our fun stuff that we don't remember to get our camera out! It was fun to visit family and celebrate the holidays, as well as see the cousins, eat the yummy food, get presents, and everything else that goes along with that time of year.







Well, if a picture's really worth a thousand words, this entry is already WAYYYYY to long, so I'll be done for now and work on getting more caught up another time (tomorrow maybe? we'll see)

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yay!! Thank you so much for the post! What a perfect birthday Rachel had! Beautiful cake, love that you made it match her Little People castle. How great that you bought her something that you knew she would be excited about. Love, love, love your Christmas pics. Karen looks so pretty in her Cinderella dress and tiara. I love Rachel's smile! Great idea on the matching Christmas pjs. Too cute!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful cake! I can't believe Rachel is 13 months, either. I haven't seen pictures of her in so long I hardly recognize her!

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday! Phew, did I miss any other holidays while you were gone? :)

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!

Calista said...

I love my nieces!!! You've got to show me more! I need to see a pic of the girls in their shirts - or just Rachel in hers since Karen's is probably too small :(. I can't wait to see you in June!!!

Shaillé said...

Good to see all your pics! Wow, Rachel is getting so big. Great job on her cake - so cute! How do they like their princess tent? We got one for the kiddos for Christmas too. :)

Krystal said...

haha, we got Katryn that same castle for her birthday!! :)