It seems like it's just that time of year. We moved about 2 weeks ago now and seem to be almost settled in our new apartment, just a couple blocks from our old apartment. Also this week I have several friends moving. Nancy and Andrew Heiss (and Rachel) are moving to Egypt to start grad school at AUC for 2 years. Megan Pickard is moving to Penn State for her PhD in Geology, and Shaille and Casey Claypool (and Matthew and Kelsi) are moving once again for their last year of optometry school-this time to Washington state. I'm sure there are more that I don't know about, but those are the ones I've read about online in the past 30 minutes or so and are therefore fresher in my mind. We've also begun the rash of move-ins in our ward, with a couple new couples from BYU and a family from Montana. It seems like this is the time of year to move, right before school starts and you have to get back to 'life'. (although you're still living in the summer, and there are those who claim to live for summer but aren't actually dead during the rest of the year...)
Anyway, our last couple weeks have been mostly spent getting settled and used to our new and oh-so-much bigger and better apartment. Karen has almost stopped asking to go home (meaning our old apartment) and is almost back to where she was with her potty training. (she regressed a LOT last week). Rachel is doing well but now HATES to sleep in her crib, and it's our biggest challenge now. Last week Joe's professors made him take off and not do any work from Monday until Friday. So we got netflix 2 week trials and watched an entire season of the West Wing as well as the olympics. Saturday night we went to the Indianapolis Colts vs. Carolina Panthers preseason game with our friends Justin and Kitara. It was totally cool to be in the stands (almost at the very top) but would have been better if the Colts were actually trying to win (since preseason NFL games don't count on the record the Indy coach doesn't usually play his starting lineup for more than the first few minutes to reduce the risk of injury). The craziest thing at the game besides the way expensive consessions was the fact that the field goal kicker for Carolina missed 2 times and sent the game into overtime. It was pretty fun and got us really excited to watch some BYU football!!!
Well, time to be done. As a note, I think I did something bad and deleted all the blogs I had linked on my blog, so if you could, repost your website so I can check out your blogs again (since I have no memory) and I'll try to get everything worked out. It's been about a year since I worked on updating the layout anyway, so I'll try to get it better but if y'all could help me out that would be wonderful. Thanks!!!!
Highlights of our time in PTC
12 hours ago

6 comments:
well, its good to hear things are on the upswing. My blog address (should you dare forget ;) ) is razzdazzperazz.blogspot.com.
I'm glad you like your new apartment so much, and that you're getting some time off with Joe!
Joy! I just read this again and saw that you watched an entire West Wing season and was like, wow, we are definitely sisters. I just finished season 1 and am plugging away at season 2 - I love it! I am so addicted - Brandon is a little weirded out by it, and gets bored, but I could watch an entire season in a week no problem-o!
I'm glad you're getting settled and enjoying your new place. How did the doctor's appointment go for Rachel's eyes? Did you get Casey's response? Hope things are going okay!
Our blog is at reddms.blogspot.com Hope you guys are doing well! We love you! Michael and Sara
Joy! Hey, this is Kristina (from OJHS). I found your blog from Amber's. Anyway, I'd like to send you an invite to our family blog but you'll have to send me an email kp.ferrin@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks.
Post a Comment