Well, enough of that. The rest of the time in Philadelphia was good. We stayed in the Courtyard Marriot because that's where the conference was, not because we enjoy spending hundreds of $ on hotel rooms. It was right downtown across the street from the courthouse, which was closed for rennovations, and the Masonic temple which I couldn't go in because I'm a girl and therefore cannot be a Mason. The architecture outside was cool though...So, downtown...oh yeah, it was about 6 blocks from the historical 'mall' (I think that's a funny word for it, but that's not my business really...) with Independence Hall and the Ben Franklin home and such. So, while Joe went to the conference Karen and I went there and saw all the cool history things. One note to all of you who are thinking of traveling to this area soon: This is not a very stroller-friendly place. Karen was fiesty and I couldn't let her walk around by herself because she was trying to run away and find either daddy or home (depending on the minute). So, on the tour of the Hall she was in the stroller. I had the privelege (along with some kind French guy who didn't speak English) of carrying the kid in the stroller up the big staircase to the second floor and back down again. I don't suggest it for anyone. Other than that we had a pretty good time going to the museums and historical places. Karen got bored and fell asleep in the stroller (note picture of her sleeping in front of the Liberty bell).
This was just the first half of our vacation, I'll put the DC part up later because urgent things like food and naptime are calling to me now.

2 comments:
Fun times! I was wondering where you had disappeared to when you didn't update... :)
You didn't try the Philly cheesesteak!!??
Did you really like DC and stuff. That is one of the coolest cities I have been too. I can't wait for your DC update.
Post a Comment