Wednesday, August 22, 2007

ho hum...

You know, it feels like I haven't really done anything since we got back from vacation almost 2 weeks ago now. It seems like I do almost exactly the same thing every day, like a hamster in a cage or something. Then I realize, wait I have done some things. Here are a few of the things I remember doing:

Going to church (twice) and wishing Karen was old enough for nursery.

Having dinner with Doren and Steve and Justin and Kitara at least twice-once at Doren's playing games, once at Kitara's for HS Musical extravaganza. It's fun to get together with them, but we always leave early because Karen has to go to bed. (If we stay past 8pm she walks to the door, starts knocking, and saying 'bye bye').

Going to the International Dinner (a monthly activity put on by a different family each month, $12 per couple) this month was the fish fry, southern style. It was good, but I'm not much for the fish...

Last sunday night went to Joe's professor's house for beginning-of-school party. Had a good time, started a Karaoke fest, took potato salad that no one ate but me and Joe (their loss...)

Went to the doctor, regular checkup and bloodwork, with no passing out this time Hooray!!! Also did terrible test involving urine...test is for pre-eclampsia which I think I had with Karen and am starting to have again...I just hope I don't have to do bed rest again!

Lots of laundry and cleaning...before/between vacations I slacked on cleaning everything that didn't start to smell after a couple of days... Needless to say I've had a lot to catch up on the past week or two.

Well...when I put it that way I guess I have done quite a few things recently. However, in the glory of doing dishes and laundry the fun stuff seems to fade into the background. Maybe that's why people keep journals-to remind them of all the cool stuff they did 'back in the day', whether 'the day' was 10 years ago or just yesterday. That's my thought for the day...whatever it is, I hope it makes sense to someone!!!

*by the way, was that HS reunion like this week or something-not that I can/could have gone...?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ahhh...the mundane :)

Sounds like you;ve done a lot, really.

The hs reunion was this weekend. Andrew and i skipped and went bowling instead. :)

Nancy said...

Amber went to the reunion. Did I tell u that already?