Well, it's definitely a good thing that our AC was out last week and not this week. Surprisingly, for NC, it's only rained about 1/2" this whole month. Now, in places like Utah when that happens it gets really dry. Here, on the other hand, it still stays extremely wet and it gets really hot. So, the temps have been going up steadily all week and we are sitting at a boiling 96 degrees today (plus humidity). We decided this week that we needed to make use of the pool in our back yard, instead of cursing it's existence because people stay there really late at night. So, last week on my grocery shopping trip I picked up the little swimmers diapers and a floatie thing for Karen. It's really cute dolphinesque riding thing she can actually sit in and feel 'secure' in the water. Well, we went out for the first time on Saturday, and Karen screamed for the first 10 minutes she was in the water. She's not used to being in any water cooler than her bathwater, and she's definitely never been in water deeper than a couple inches. She was just freaked out, until we put her in her floatie. She thought it was way cool, but she was still nervous. We only stayed out about 20 min. Yesterday afternoon we went back for a second try, and it went over much better. She only flipped out for about 5 minutes and had a good time for the next half hour or so. Maybe one of these times she won't flip out when we go out there.



As for the rest of the things that we've done this week... To explain that, I need to make an announcement... As of the end of December (or maybe the beginning of January) Karen will be a big sister. Yes, I am expecting again. It came as a bit of a surprise. I only found out for sure in the last week or so, and I'm already 11 weeks along. Most of this week has been spent working out insurance things and trying to find a doctor. The problem with the whole doctor thing is that it's not possible to call ANY office in the city (of nearly 1 million people) and get in to see an OB/GYN within two weeks. The closest appointment I could find was for the 17th of JULY. So, while I am currently expecting and will be in maternity clothes by the time we get to Utah to see most of you, I have not had the confirmation of hearing a heartbeat or anything like that. By my first doctor visit I will be 17 weeks along-almost halfway finished. Everything is going really well so far and I pray that everything is okay, but I don't really know for sure. I just wanted to let you all know before we get there and you all think I'm just gaining a lot of weight or something. Well, that's it for now. Hope you're all staying cool.
3 comments:
Oooh, Joy! That's so exciting! We can both be in maternity clothes when you're here! Yippee!
Congratulations!
Now I totally forgot what the rest of your post was about with that exciting news (pregnancy brain...)
Let's see...Ah, yes, swimming. I'm glad that you guys have a way to cool off!
I'm so looking forward to seeing you--just a few weeks. We definitely have to make plans!
Congratulations guys!! That's crazy you can't get in to an OB sooner, just remember to take those prenates. ;-)
That's too bad we won't get to see you guys when you come out. Matthew and I will be in Utah the first week of August, nuts. When will you guys be coming out to Oregon again?
Joy!
congratulations! I can't wait to see you and the new little on (still in tummy of course) when you get out here!
You know, sometimes I curse the medical system for their lack of...everything! BUt then again, I wouldn't want to live 200 hundred years ago....Ha!
I am sure Karen will learn to love to swim. Maya was afraid of the water at first too. Now she's a fish!
Post a Comment