Friday, December 01, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hello to all! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that you’re now excited for Christmas (which is only 24 days away). The past two weeks have been busy but good. We went to Indiana for Thanksgiving last Tuesday through Saturday, which is why no blog last week. We did have a good time, even with our somewhat-whiney Karen. The drive north took almost 12 hours, and Karen (and me and Joe too) was very tired of being in the car with nothing to see. I can’t wait until she doesn’t have to be in a rear-facing car seat anymore! While we were there it was nice to just chill a bit (in more ways than one-it was so much colder there than it is here!) and hang with the fam. The only down side was that Karen didn’t want to be held by anyone except mom and dad until Friday. The dinner on Thursday was nice, though slightly different than I’m used to. For instance, I don’t think I’ve ever had mac-and-cheese (homemade, not box style) at thanksgiving dinner. We drove home on Saturday, which took only about 9 ½ hours. I’m not sure why it took so much less time; maybe going south is like going downhill…?

Anyway, Monday was Karen’s doctor visit with shots and everything else. She is growing so well! She is now 18 lbs. and 27 inches long. In 6 months she’s grown half a foot and almost tripled her weight. The shots were no fun and she had a bit of a fever for the next day or so, but that’s pretty well over now. Another added bonus of being 6 months is that she gets two meals of cereals/food every day instead of one. This makes baby happy because she likes to eat different things and it makes mommy happy because Karen likes to use nursing time as teething time, which can be painful since she has a tooth now.

Joe’s really busy at school and church/scouts. Karen is frustrated because she’s hardly seen him since we got back from Indy. However after next Friday Joe will be done with all of his classes and finals (except for maybe one) and a week from Wednesday we’ll be on Christmas Vacation! We’re looking forward to a few ‘slow’ days before we head to Utah and Oregon. Speaking of which…after meeting with Danny and Kathleen (who is quite cool), the 21st is really the only day we’ll be able to get together with friends, but as of now the entire day seems pretty much open so let me know what’s going on and hopefully I’ll be able to see everyone!

Well, now that you’re all totally bored to tears, I hope you’re doing well. Good luck on finals for those in school, and Happy Holidays, Season’s Greetings, and/or Merry Christmas (whichever you would personally prefer)! Here are some Karen pics from the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

The 21st probably works...I'll kind of pass the word around...maybe we can all chill at our apartment or the like...Ryan and Kristi's? Marquita and Daniel's? Someone's place...Shaille isn't coming home for Christmas (bummer), but I'm sure a lot of other people will be around.

Love ya lots!