So, there was this storm called Ernesto that was supposed to be going really close to here. It went by Haiti, over Cuba, across Florida, and then was supposed to hit right into the Carolinas. So while I was at home all week I watched the weather as the storm came closer. As late as Thursday morning they had it supposedly coming through less than 100 miles from here. However, as wonderful as their prediction models are it didn't hit land until it was due east of here, almost 250 miles. Instead of getting upwards of 10 inches of rain in a couple hours, we got 8-9 inches over 3 days, and the flooding they were predicting was nonexistent in our area. North and east of us there was quite a bit of flooding and such, but we missed out.
This weekend we're going up to Virginia to visit my cousin Jamie Stansfield and her family. She also has a baby girl, who happens to be about a month and a half younger than Karen. We're excited to go see some family and compare babies and all that. It should be a good weekend. Luckily we didn't get the big rain, because if we had it would have been more difficult to make this trip. So, while this week's post is really boring next week we should have some way cute pics of two cute babies (of course Karen will be cuter, but I'm not biased in this at all...).
Here are some of the pics I was going to put up last week but it didn't work. Hope ya like them.


1 comment:
Cute! I'm excited to see those cute baby pictures. I might be getting just a tad baby-hungry!
We started a new blog:
The Cool Heisses
It will probably not be as exciting as yours! I know how you feel about staying home all day...everyday! That's pretty much what I did in Jordan!
Post a Comment